openvpn

Snyder, Alexander J alexander at snyderfamily.co
Sat Jan 21 07:38:03 MST 2023

You've got to be running an OpenVPN server.

I'm running a pfSense firewall, and it has an option for setting up an
OpenVPN server. I also have a TrueNAS system that also has the option of
ruining an OpenVPN server. The point here, is that the software for running
an OpenVPN server is diverse and flexible. Additionally, I have mine
configured to not require a username or password, instead of checks for an
authorized TLS certificate.

Really handy.

I traveled to the Midwest for Christmas and brought my laptop. It was
really nice being able to connect the VPN and then have access to my local
network, all the way from South Dakota!

Thanks,
Alexander

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S22+