usb marked as read-only

Michael bmike1 at gmail.com
Mon Jan 16 19:23:49 MST 2023

yeah. I think all is loast. I finally got around to looking at the gparted
report:

Device: /dev/sdd
Model: SanDisk Ultra
Serial:
Sector size: 512
Total sectors: 60063744

Heads: 255
Sectors/track: 2
Cylinders: 117772

Partition table: none

PartitionTypeStartEndFlagsPartition NameFile SystemLabelMount Point
/dev/sdd Unpartitioned 0 60063743 iso9660 Kali Live

*Format /dev/sdd as ext4*  00:00:17    ( ERROR )

calibrate /dev/sdd  00:00:00    ( SUCCESS )

*path: /dev/sdd (device)start: 0end: 60063743size: 60063744 (28.64 GiB)*
clear old file system signatures in /dev/sdd  00:00:17    ( ERROR )

write 512.00 KiB of zeros at byte offset 0  00:00:17    ( ERROR )

libparted messages    ( ERROR )

*Unable to open /dev/sdd read-write (Read-only file system). /dev/sdd has
been opened read-only.*
*Can't write to /dev/sdd, because it is opened read-only.*

--