McDonald's unveils first automated location

techlists at phpcoderusa.com techlists at phpcoderusa.com
Sun Jan 1 03:11:30 MST 2023

On 2023-01-01 02:24, Steve Litt via PLUG-discuss wrote:
> techlists at phpcoderusa.com said on Sat, 31 Dec 2022 18:40:37 -0700
>
>> Steve,
>>
>> Why is our education system what it is today?
>
> 3 decades of cheaping out public education. Constant drumbeat of
> anti-teacher assertions. Drugs and crime you'd expect from a lot
> of (but not all) children of uneducated parents.

Who caused that?  Who is in charge of our education system?

>> Who moved all the businesses off shore?
>
> The corporations.

I say it the U.S. Legislature though faulty policy.

>> Why are illegal aliens able to take jobs away from American Citizens?
>
> Because we de-facto permit it.

Who caused this?

I say it the U.S. Legislature.  In 1986 Ronald Reagan gave amnesty with
the agreement there would be a fence.  Amnesty was the wrong solution
and not building the fence was a broken promise that has exasperates the
problem.  It has been said the left wants illegal aliens as voters and
the right wants cheap labor.

>> Who is responsible for our immigration?
>
> The government.

So why has somewhere abound 5 million illegals aliens entered our
country this year?  Policy.  In D.C.

>> Who is responsible for H1B visas?
>
> Corporations pay politicians to get cheap labor, so the politicians
> allow obscene numbers of H1-Bs, while older technologists find new work
> as Walmart greeters. It's disgusting.

I agree.  We are back to the U.S. Legislature.

I made friend with a guy at Walmart that was a COBOL programmer until
they off-shored his job. Sad story.

>> How many trust fund babies are there in America?
>
> According to
> https://www.forbes.com/sites/qai/2021/10/27/3-common-misconceptions-about-trust-fund-kids/?sh=71909c447b64
> , 1.3% of the population receives money in a trust fund, so that would
> be about 4.3 million Americans. However, the article makes it clear
> that only some of them receive big bucks.

The only problem I see here is these people are being cheated out of the
struggle of becoming productive and making a living,

> I was really speaking of the ultra-rich. According to
> https://www.thekickassentrepreneur.com/millionaires-in-america/#:~:text=And%20about%2034%2C507%20households%20have,or%20100%20million%20net%20worth.
> there are 34,507 households with a net worth of $100 million.
>
>> Does every person need to graduate college?
>
> No.

Agreed however this generation is being told they need to complete a BA
or BS.

>> I have been reading and hearing the trades are going unfilled, why is
>> that?
>
> According to my next door neighbor who is a plumbing contractor, "kids
> these days" don't want to get their hands dirty with physical work. And
> he was offering $20/hr to start in Orlando, Florida, which is pretty
> good. And as soon as they got the hang of it, he'd give them $25. But
> nobody bit.

I'm hearing the same stories.  Could the root of this be in D.C.?
Everyone was sent checks and some were given large unemployment
payments.  Some or maybe many found it unnecessary to work.

>> Why does it cost upwards of $10k a semester to go to a AZ state
>> university?
>
> Because college in most cases is a racket and is class warfare.

Again I point to D.C. They fund it and the universities have found they
can over charge.  If it is class warfare who is causing this class
warfare?