samsung premature wear on nvme

greg zegan gjzegan at yahoo.com
Mon Feb 13 15:28:55 MST 2023

 Hello,  A quick check on that says this will work on other medium such as sda drives.  Is that correct?thanks,Greg
    On Monday, February 13, 2023 at 03:12:23 PM MST, Michael Butash via PLUG-discuss <plug-discuss at lists.phxlinux.org> wrote:

 You can get this via smart data output like smartctl under linux, or samsung's magician tool in windoze.
https://unix.stackexchange.com/questions/106678/how-to-check-the-life-left-in-ssd-or-the-mediums-wear-level
I've got a pair of 980 pro's I've used for a few years now doing full raid1/crypto/lvm stack atop them, still only show 2-3% usage on with this, so not sure what they screwed up so bad in the 990's.
-mb