Why put Data Centers in HOT Phoenix?

Snyder, Alexander J alexander at snyderfamily.co
Sun Dec 31 09:14:20 MST 2023

While I'm not certain, I do think it has something to do with it the
geology. Regarding temperature, everywhere is hot to a 60F data center ...
The air is gonna get conditioned regardless, and the air is gonna get a
treatment too. Anyone who's spent any measurable time in a data center
knows "that smell" ... That carbon paper artificial smell ... But more
over, "extreme" (excessive) heat is easier to deal with than rain, water,
and humidity. Additionally, there are no faults, no quakes ... A lot of
Flagstaff is still geologically active ... at least when compared to
Phoenix. No tornados, no hurricanes ... Nothing. It's just hot. Hot is easy
to plan for, and easy to predict, which insurance likes!

--
Thanks,
Alexander

Sent from my Google Pixel 7 Pro