Looking for some WiFi AP Security Advice

Anthony Radzykewycz anthony.radzykewycz at gatewaycc.edu
Tue Dec 19 03:04:01 MST 2023

It’d be my understanding that the AP would handle encryption over the air.
If you wanted the web traffic to also be encrypted, I think the self-signed
SSL certificates would suffice in this given application. To sniff that
traffic, the attacker would have to be on the same network, as well, so
guarding the AP with the aforementioned controls should prevent that.
Presuming they did get in, capturing https traffic would be encrypted vs
the plaintext counterpart of http.