cmos battery.... how important is it?

greg zegan gjzegan at yahoo.com
Mon Aug 28 08:33:01 MST 2023

 those screws may be glued in.any way to access the battery by making precise cut or other?

    On Monday, August 28, 2023 at 07:23:01 AM MST, Michael via PLUG-discuss <plug-discuss at lists.phxlinux.org> wrote:

 I have a little NUC I've had since before I moved to Peru 12 years ago I think. Once in a while while the computer boots, the computer complains about the CMOS battery. sometimes after I boot the clock is off for a little while until NTP kicks in. so I don't worry about the CMOS battery because what else does it do besides keep the clock correct. I save 40 bucks by not replacing the battery (I can't access the battery... the screws are too tight). is my lack knowledge going to hurt me? please, educate me!

--