gpg and pass

Jim azanorak at gmail.com
Wed Sep 28 16:39:58 MST 2022

Today I tried installing the Protonmail bridge. When I tried to run it,
it put up an error message that an approved password manager was not
found (secret-service or pass).    I installed pass and tried to start
it with a gpg key I created just for Protonmail bridge by entering pass
init a at a.com. gpg --list-keys and gpg --list-secret keys showed the key
was there, but pass init a at a.com returned the following error:

Password store initialized for a at a.com
gpg: error reading key: No public key
protonmail-credentials/cHJvdG9ubWFpbC9icmlkZ2UvdXNlcnMvek8wWU1QLVBCX29ydkozdGg0OFRuWUZpX0NlSkpFVGx1
OGhzR0o4d3BFaWozbWVFLXBLUzdmV20wR05ZY2pNanB6WVpmS25rY2dVdWppMGlwdGVVQlE9PQ==/zO0YMP-PB_orvJ3th48TnY
Fi_CeJJETlu8hsGJ8wpEij3meE-pKS7fWm0GNYcjMjpzYZfKnkcgUuji0ipteUBQ==:
reencrypting to
gpg: decryption failed: No secret key
gpg: connecting dirmngr at '/run/user/1000/gnupg/S.dirmngr' failed: IPC
connect call failed
gpg: error retrieving 'a at a.com' via WKD: No dirmngr
gpg: a at a.com: skipped: No dirmngr
gpg: [stdin]: encryption failed: No dirmngr
delboy at ladmo:~$ protonmail-bridge --cli

Any idea how to fix this? thanks