Boot up from cold boot no network

Jim azanorak at gmail.com
Fri Sep 23 16:12:25 MST 2022

The onboard nic is a 82579LM Gigabit Network Connection (Lewisville)
        vendor: Intel Corporation

The driver is e1000e. When this nic began acting up a few months ago, I
started using the usb adapter.  When it started acting up, I removed it
and went back to the onboard nic.

ip link showed

: 1: lo: <LOOPBACK,UP,LOWER_UP> mtu 65536 qdisc noqueue state UNKNOWN
mode DEFAULT group default qlen 1000
     link/loopback 00:00:00:00:00:00 brd 00:00:00:00:00:00 so ip
neighbor showed nothing.  ip address: 1: lo: <LOOPBACK,UP,LOWER_UP> mtu
65536 qdisc noqueue state UNKNOWN group default qlen 1000
     link/loopback 00:00:00:00:00:00 brd 00:00:00:00:00:00
     inet 127.0.0.1/8 scope host lo
        valid_lft forever preferred_lft forever
     inet6 ::1/128 scope host
        valid_lft forever preferred_lft forever

tcpdump did nothing.

Joseph Sinclair asked if I upgraded or downgraded the kernel. I hadn't
upgraded the kernel unless it did that when I upgraded to Kubuntu 22.04.

I ran journalctl -xe after it booted up without the network and with
it.  I wouldn't know what to look for.  If anyone else wants to have a
look, I've put version on google drive.

without network
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1tPf-2wzsAdN9YL1fbIt0gbJu082YCqUU/view?usp=sharing

with network