Boot up from cold boot no network

Jim azanorak at gmail.com
Fri Sep 23 14:50:23 MST 2022

I checked

/usr/lib/NetworkManager/conf.d/10-globally-managed-devices.conf.  The link you mentioned was the only line in the file.
  I commented out the line.  It now reads [keyfile]
#unmanaged-devices=*,except:type:wifi,except:type:gsm,except:type:cdma

I ran systemctl reload NetworkManager and shut down.  I booted the machine again, no network. I ran ifconfig and it didn't even shoe the network adapter.
delboy at ladmo:~$ ifconfig
lo: flags=73<UP,LOOPBACK,RUNNING>  mtu 65536
         inet 127.0.0.1  netmask 255.0.0.0
         inet6 ::1  prefixlen 128  scopeid 0x10<host>
         loop  txqueuelen 1000  (Local Loopback)
         RX packets 1289  bytes 103269 (103.2 KB)
         RX errors 0  dropped 0  overruns 0  frame 0
         TX packets 1289  bytes 103269 (103.2 KB)
         TX errors 0  dropped 0 overruns 0  carrier 0  collisions 0

After I rebooted, the network was back and ifconfig showed lo and the ethernet adapter.

eno1: flags=4163<UP,BROADCAST,RUNNING,MULTICAST>  mtu 1500        inet
192.168.1.2  netmask 255.255.255.0  broadcast 192.168.1.255        inet6
fe80::1480:79c7:4830:8495  prefixlen 64  scopeid 0x20<link>
   ether 34:17:eb:d0:34:55  txqueuelen 1000  (Ethernet)        RX
packets 1528  bytes 618600 (618.6 KB)        RX errors 0  dropped 0
  overruns 0  frame 0        TX packets 1453  bytes 198021 (198.0 KB)
        TX errors 0  dropped 0 overruns 0  carrier 0  collisions 0
        device interrupt 20  memory 0xf7200000-f7220000