are these two modules interchangeable?

JD Austin jd at twingeckos.com
Thu Sep 15 11:28:28 MST 2022

It is better to have the same speed ram, but typically you can get
different speed ram to work without crashing/etc by placing the slower one
in the first slot (eg marked as slot 0). Also you can often set the ram
speed in the bios to the slower speed to avoid issues.  Faster ram will
work at lower speeds but not the other way around. Ram is cheap though so
often it's better to just by the fastest and biggest ram you can afford.
JD