best way to learn kdenlive

der.hans PLUGd at LuftHans.com
Tue Oct 25 14:21:00 MST 2022

Am 25. Oct, 2022 schwätzte Keith Smith via PLUG-discuss so:

moin moin,

I can do just a few things in kdenlive. I learned them from watching TJ
Free's videos on YouTube.

I think this particular video will cover some of the things you want to
do. I think it's where I started with his videos a couple years ago.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QQlFNWuOR1k

While pulling this up I saw a couple other people to point out.

Michael Tunnell is one of the hosts for the Destination Linux podcast.
He's also their graphics person.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6haHBtIrvQ4

Art is one of the people I see at SCaLE every year. He runs a group
helping people in the LA area.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U7Azcrb3Sec

ciao,

der.hans

> Hi,
>
> I think I need to :
>
> 1) crop start and end of video
> 2) cut out portions of video and join ends together
> 3) add call outs
> 4) add b-roll images
> 5) add some special effects like zoom in/out and highlight the mouse pointer
>
> Any thoughts much appreciated.
>
> Keith

#  https://www.LuftHans.com   https://www.PhxLinux.org
#  To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we
#  are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic
#  and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.
#  -- Theodore Roosevelt, editorial in the Kansas City Star, 07May1918