Why "no such file" error ?? SOLVED

joe at actionline.com joe at actionline.com
Fri Oct 21 19:47:04 MST 2022

My apologies to Joseph Sinclair for failing
to acknowledge the response that he provided
re the subject issue.

I did not see your October 12 email until
today because I am apparently being blocked
by something from receiving emails from PLUG.

Yes, I did confirm that all the permissions were
set correctly and there were no symbolic link
in the path.

Yes, I did recompile the program on the new machine.

The solution, however, was that the readin.c
source code was out-dated and needed to be updated.

So through Fiverr, after contacting more than
a dozen tech vendors, only one, a guy in Kenya
came through with the solution. He edited and
updated the source code and gave me this command
to compile it:

gcc readin.c -o readin -std=c89

Once I did that, the new 'readin' worked fine.