I'm wanting to get my son into computers....

Ryan Petris ryan at petris.net
Tue Oct 18 11:37:24 MST 2022

>From experience, building a desktop with your kids is at least a few hours of fun, and will give them a chance to learn the different parts of a computer.

I've had both of my kids build their own desktop computers and they both enjoyed it. The only thing I insisted on doing for them was putting the cpu in the socket as I didn't want them to drop it and bend the pins.

As for Linux from Scratch, I feel that may be a bit too much for a child to get in to. IMO Debian may be a good place to start as the installation process gives you more options than say Ubuntu without being too complicated.