What is a full-stack PHP developer

techlists at phpcoderusa.com techlists at phpcoderusa.com
Fri Nov 25 14:36:34 MST 2022

Hi,

I have read that to be qualified as a full-stack developer, one must
know how to troubleshoot the entire stack.

Where are the boundaries.  I assume this means being able to program in
PHP, know enough Linux to troubleshoot the hosting and be able to
identify and assess the associated logs, understand and be able to
troubleshoot/fix/install Apache, Be able to install MySQL and write SQL
and troubleshoot as may be necessary.  I'm thinking this includes log
rotate and the ability to add/edit/remove users, and work with SSH users
and permissions.  Included is file and directory permissions.  Add to
this the skills to manage sudo users.

This does not include networking, understanding load, the ability to
install and configure Linux (although I think it would be helpful).

I'm thinking LAMP/LEMP where Linux is limited to hosting.

Am I in the ball park?

Thank you for your feed back.