Proxmox

techlists at phpcoderusa.com techlists at phpcoderusa.com
Wed Nov 16 07:55:46 MST 2022

Hi,

If you have been following my VirtualBox adventure you know I cannot get
VirtualBox to work on Kubuntu 22.04....  It does work on Win 10.

VirtualBox was an interim step...  I was hoping to use VB until I can
pull together some cash to build a Proxmox machine.

My Win 10 box died last week and I think it is just that Windows got
corrupted. It is an i5 with 4 cores and 4 threads and 16Gb of RAM.  For
the hard drive I have an 1TB SSD.  This was my daily driver. I moved to
win about 6 years ago for business reasons.

I am thinking of loading Proxmox on this computer and just moving
forward.

I watched a video on Proxmox and it looks simple enough.

My needs are simple.  I am a PHP developer and want to make 4 or 5
virtual machines for testing.  One two machines will be active at any
given time. I assume I will need 2vCPU's and 2 - 4 GB of RAM per VM.

Basically I need to configure each VM to have a static IP on my network
so I can access the VM using SSH, Filezilla, and Visual Studio Code.
Your basic LAMP and LEMP stack PHP development and testing.

Any thoughts are very much appreciated.

Keith