Cannot install Apache - getting errors

techlists at phpcoderusa.com techlists at phpcoderusa.com
Sat Nov 12 18:14:09 MST 2022

I'm chasing my tail.

I removed the first VM and then added a new VM using all the defaults.
It gives the VM a 10.x.x.x IOP. I'm on a 192 net.

An unmodified version allows me to do update however I cannot put an ip
address in my browser.

If I physically change the IP to 192.x.x.x in Ubuntu and set bridging on
VirtualBox I can ssh into the box.  However when I try to do an update I
get errors.

I need to be able to configure the VM for test PHP and I need to be able
to do so with an IP.

I've searched high and low and i am missing something.

If I go into the network manage I can configure a "Host-only network",
however VirtualBox gives me their IP address and it is not the same as
my local net.

So I am stuck.  I really do need a hypervisor to accomplish what I want
to do.

At this point I am thinking it has something to do with VB.

Any suggestions much appreciated.

Keith