How do I take a partial screenshot in KDE?

techlists at phpcoderusa.com techlists at phpcoderusa.com
Thu Nov 10 19:08:41 MST 2022

Hi,

I am running Kubuntu 22.04.

I would like to be able to take a snippet (specific region) of my
screen, not the entire screen.

My research shows that I can use spectacle take a screen shot, however I
am not finding that I can take a portion of the screen.

Then I ran into this :

==================
Do you want to capture the image of your entire screen? A specific
region? A specific window?

If you just want a simple screenshot without any annotations/fancy
editing capabilities, the default keyboard shortcuts will do the trick.
These are not specific to Ubuntu. Almost all Linux distributions and
desktop environments support these keyboard shortcuts.

Let’s take a look at the list of keyboard shortcuts you can utilize:

PrtSc – Save a screenshot of the entire screen to the “Pictures”
directory.
Shift + PrtSc – Save a screenshot of a specific region to Pictures.
Alt + PrtSc  – Save a screenshot of the current window to Pictures.
Ctrl + PrtSc – Copy the screenshot of the entire screen to the
clipboard.
Shift + Ctrl + PrtSc – Copy the screenshot of a specific region to the
clipboard.
Ctrl + Alt + PrtSc – Copy the screenshot of the current window to the
clipboard.

Ok, it looks like I have spectacle installed by default.  I tried "Shift
+ PrtSc" and I got the entire screen.  Image quality seems decent.  If I
have to I can edit the screenshot.  Would like to avoid that extra step.

Any Thoughts?

Thanks!!
Keith