GNOME or KDE?

Matt Graham mhgraham at crow202.org
Thu Mar 24 15:10:10 MST 2022

On 2022-03-24 14:40, Jim via PLUG-discuss wrote:
> I have Kubuntu installed on my machine.  I like it but the only thing
> that bugs me about KDE is that I have 2 monitors on this machine and I
> never know on which monitor an application will launch in after I
> start it.

Settings->Window Management->Window Behavior->Advanced.  You may want a
window placement of "minimal overlapping".  That means a new application
will show up in the place that has the least amount of stuff in it.  Or
maybe "centered" if you want all applications to show up in one place
when you launch them.  Try the various options, see which one works
best?

Also "allow KDE apps to remember the positions of their own windows"
will probably help the KDE things remember where they're supposed to be.
I could potentially have the TV as a second monitor here, but "mirror
monitor to the TV" is a lot more practical AFAICT.

--
Crow202 Blog: http://crow202.org/wordpress
There is no Darkness in Eternity