cyber war / moving back to Linux

Steve Litt slitt at troubleshooters.com
Wed Mar 23 02:37:29 MST 2022

Keith Smith via PLUG-discuss said on Tue, 22 Mar 2022 15:12:40 -0700

>Hey this guy motioned moving from Chrome to Firefox.  Any thoughts?
>Quick search says FF is the default for Linux.  I use Chrome on Win
>and I do not recall why because I have FF installed also.

My experience is that Firefox is a complete and utter pig, plus it
won't do Jitsi without Pulseaudio, a program I refuse to put on my
computer.

Chromium is less of a pig, and it works just fine with Jitsi, even
without Pulseaudio installed.

For other tasks there are all sorts of much more efficient browsers
that can be used, saving Chromium (with its bloat) for the most
challenging tasks.

My finding on Firefox is that if I use it, I regularly need to delete
those trees beginning with a strange string, because they grow and grow
and grow until iiiiiittttt jjjuuussst sssslooowwwees to a crawl.

SteveT

Steve Litt
March 2022 featured book: Making Mental Models: Advanced Edition
http://www.troubleshooters.com/mmm