HaveIBeenPwned.com

der.hans PLUGd at LuftHans.com
Tue Mar 22 10:45:15 MST 2022

Am 22. Mar, 2022 schwätzte Keith Smith via PLUG-discuss so:

moin moin,

I use unique email addresses for every account, so I really need to grep
the database for some regular expressions rather than consider a web
lookup :).

Looks like Wikipedia is confirming that's Troy's site rather than a
phsihing site. Verify yourself.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Have_I_Been_Pwned%3F

Troy has been gathering data dumps for several years and the site provides
a way of searching them for a particular email address of phone number.

He and the site are well-known, but I have no personal experience with
either.

ciao,

der.hans

> Watching a video that suggested using https://haveibeenpwned.com/ to see if
> any of email accounts have been hacked.
>
> Anyone familiar with https://haveibeenpwned.com/ ?  I do not want to enter
> email accounts into an unknown website.
>
> Thanks!!

#  https://www.LuftHans.com   https://www.PhxLinux.org
#  "The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do
#  nothing" -- falsely attributed to Edmund Burke