external U.S.robotics fax modem

Harold Hartley wheelie207 at ownmail.net
Thu Mar 10 15:30:17 MST 2022

I'm looking to setup my computer for faxes sending and receiving. I'm looking at using the U.S. robotics fax modem but unsure if the two fax software made for Linux will support it as I would be using a USB adapter for serial port connection to the fax modem.
Anyone out they have any suggestions or advise how I should setup my Linux box for using faxes or what to watch out for type of problems. This fax modem is the only thing I can think of as I am low income and don't have much money for the month. I once used such a modem with Linux a couple of decades ago when I use to run a ham radio gateway back in Maine. But I used a script for the fax modem to make the connection. So it will run with Linux.

--
  Harold Hartley
  17632 N. 5th place
  wheelie207 at ownmail.net