Experience with DigitalOcean & UFW

techlists at phpcoderusa.com techlists at phpcoderusa.com
Thu Jun 16 07:27:44 MST 2022

I am creating a "Droplet" on DigitalOcean and discovered something I
want to share and it also prompts a question.

I enabled ufw and opened a few ports.  Then I logged out.  When I tried
to login later I realized I had not opened port 22 SSH.  I thought they
had done that for me.

I contacted support and they told me they could not help because they do
not have access to my server.

1) I learned one more thing - ensure port 22 is open.  Life seems to be
perpetual learning.

2) My question is if someone blocks port 22 or whatever they set SSH to
how can support or anyone else open that port?

Thanks!!