Domain Registering and Hosting/Website Funny Business

techlists at phpcoderusa.com techlists at phpcoderusa.com
Fri Jul 22 18:45:23 MST 2022

Hi,

I have a friend who owned http://www.nationwidedr.com/ .  It expired
along with his hosting while he was in the hospital.

I get the domain was available to be registered.

Here is the interesting part.  Somehow the new domain owner also was
able to get his WordPress website complete with all of his business
content.  It appears not to have been changed.

The other part is the domain shows it was registered in 2002, the
original date it was registered.  I thought when a domain expires and is
re-registered by another it will show it was original registered on that
second date.  Am I wrong?

Thoughts on how the new registrant got a hold of my friends WordPress
website?

The domain and hosting were at GoDaddy.

Something seems fishy - am I wrong?

Thanks!!