valve onboarding suckath

der.hans PLUGd at LuftHans.com
Sat Feb 26 14:33:17 MST 2022

moin moin,

the SteamDeck looks great. Valve has done a lot to work with Linux and
Free Software even putting out info on how to modify the SteamDeck if you
can get one.

The first step to get a SteamDeck is to setup an account in order to order one.

But, the signon hasn't been working for me.

I keep getting "The password you entered is not allowed. Please select a
different password, with at least 8 characters."

Y'all know I would not default to something less than dozens of
characters, so a short password is not the problem.

I've tried with reduced special characters, without special characters,
with only 8 characters and many, many other things.

All the support options for valve presume you have an account, so not way
of contacting them. If this is what their customer support is like then
they really suck even if they are supporting Free Software.

I allowed all the JavaScript, cookies and crap and it still doesn't work.
I created a container and installed chromium and it still doesn't work.

I'm tired of working for free for Valve, but I'd really like to get a
steamdeck for kidling.

Has anyone craeted a new account recently and knows the secret to getting
their site to work or getting them to actually respond?

ciao,

der.hans
--
#  https://www.LuftHans.com   https://www.PhxLinux.org
#  "The purpose of IT is to seamlessly and transparently provide the other