Facebook videos

greg zegan gjzegan at yahoo.com
Fri Feb 25 10:31:33 MST 2022

 tried running Brave browser?
    On Friday, February 25, 2022, 10:30:19 AM MST, Thomas Scott via PLUG-discuss <plug-discuss at lists.phxlinux.org> wrote:

 I'm hesitant to ask since you've tried across multiple browsers, but have you checked your browser extensions? Might be blocked by a blocklist from ublock, adblock, etc... if you check the web console, is anything being denied when you load the page or press play? If I had to guess, it's either not getting there, or missing a codec. I don't run linux day to day on my desktop, but that's what I've seen in the past.
I run nextdns.io instead of a pi-hole, and I've had complaints from family who were visiting that videos weren't loading. Lots of privacy centric filters block facebook aggressively (shocker). It begged the question why they were on the phone watching facebook videos when they flew across the country to spend time with us, but I digress.
- Thomas Scott | mr.thomas.scott at gmail.com