Skills for the future

greg zegan gjzegan at yahoo.com
Sun Dec 11 16:59:46 MST 2022

 Hello,  I don't want to offend anyone but I would like to express some thoughts on this subject.  It seems after months of this discussion it might be a good idea to set aside a special email thread to discuss this material so others aren't annoyed by the comments and opinions that are non-technical.  I actuallyhave enjoyed this little discussion because it proves these subjects are important to everyone especially technically inclined individuals.
As for my involvement in the subject of ethics I can point to a second year computer science course I took at SCC in the late 90's csc200.  As the semester wound down to the final weeks the teacher said he wanted us to write a short essay on the subject of how technology can impact the lives of others.  He proposed the question: "If you had to write a program that would put people out of their jobs would you do so and why?"
I remember he had us write out the ten commandments of computing in a program as the first programming assignment:CPSR - The Ten Commandments of Computer Ethics

|  |  |

|  |
CPSR - The Ten Commandments of Computer Ethics

cjohnson

Written by the Computer Ethics Institute

As a result I have researched and read many books on the subject so forgive me if we deviate a little.  All of you mean something to me and others so lets not fight against one another.
Turning to Linux again, in the next year what subject would you study so that you would have the skills to find good reliable jobs and careers to providefor yourself?
Lets come up with a plan that is broken down into 3 months for each skill so that each of us has what it takes to compete for and acquire the best jobs and maybe just maybe we can turn the economic ship in the direction it need go in for all of us.thanks,Greg