Skills for the future

Ed plug at 0x1b.com
Thu Dec 1 22:37:49 MST 2022

you should look up the difference between a recession and a
depression. Odds are we will have a middling recession, but the real
problem is and will be inflation. Inflation is a ratchet, it only goes
in one direction and hits everyone and everything*. It's like a
network that has more and more noise on the line. For context,
consider that people experience something like a half dozen recessions
in their lifetime - more or less. It's the business cycle.

You already said it -  you expect robotics to become more involved so
go do that. Just remember robots are capital intensive - so go with
the big.

*except for Japan and it's lost decade(s) - they had/have deflation