Shred

Steve Litt slitt at troubleshooters.com
Mon Aug 29 20:50:46 MST 2022

On Mon, 2022-08-29 at 22:45 +0000, T Zack Crawford via PLUG-discuss wrote:
> I would probably do a `dd if=/dev/zero of=/dev/sdX` if I am understanding what
> you're asking. Or you could do urandom

I've got a question. If you need to wipe them, they're leaving your possession. If
they're leaving your possession, they're no good to you any more. So why not just go
out in the driveway and take a hammer to them?

Actually, I'd do the urandom first just in case they can somehow glue them back
together, but drives I don't need anymore all fall under the hammer.

SteveT