Opportunity

Steve Litt slitt at troubleshooters.com
Fri Aug 19 10:41:17 MST 2022

On Thu, 2022-08-18 at 15:52 -0700, Keith Smith via PLUG-discuss wrote:

> David,
>
> You provide a bunch to think about.
>
> What does this have to do with Linux?  We are on a Linux list and I
> would guess most are not going to retool.
>
> I'm 66 and do not think I will retool, so I am looking at some simple
> things that might make my life better while we enter a period of chaos.
> I am a PHP programmer and I know less about Linux than I would like to.
> For me the opportunities have to be in the realm of LAMP/LEMP.
>
> PHP is so ingrained that it will be around for decades.  Eventually it
> will go the way of COBOL... AND COBOL is still around.  I think a person
> could make a career being a COBOL developer.
>
> So I think the question is what are the opportunities for the Linux
> admins and the associated technologies?

What I'm personally doing is developing a Troubleshooters.Com HTML/CSS subsite in
preparation to teach online HTML/CSS classes to people who:

1) Understand that HTML, DOM and CSS are the basis of web presentation, regardless
of higher layer tools used,

2) Want a teacher instead of just taking a programmed online course,

3) Don't want to pay the price of coming to a face to face class.

SteveT