https://www.crucial.com/ssd/x8/ct1000x8ssd9

techlists at phpcoderusa.com techlists at phpcoderusa.com
Thu Aug 4 05:43:55 MST 2022

Hi Mike,

More of a question.  I have a bunch of old hardware which I think has
USB 1 and USB 2 (if I am explaining that right).  So I am wondering if
this product will work on older hardware since it says "Interface - USB
3.2 Gen-2 (10Gb/s)".

Mike, do you have compatible hardware?

To PLUG: is this a concern?  A 1TB SSD external for $120 seems
reasonable.  I just bought a 500GB SSD for around $60.00.  I buy Samsung
870 EVO which are more expensive than the Crucial SSDs.

A 1TB Crucial at new egg is $65. This is an internal drive not an
external USB drive.
https://www.newegg.com/crucial-bx500-1tb/p/N82E16820156231

So the price seems reasonable.

I'm thinking the bottleneck might be the USB.  Any thoughts PLUG?