flv to ogg

Bob Elzer bob.elzer at gmail.com
Thu Apr 21 13:39:51 MST 2022

OK, the file you are trying to convert is already as small as it is going
to get.    This from fileinfo.com:  Before 2007, OGG files were used to
store various types of media, but since then the Xiph.Org Foundation
recommends that OGG files store only audio data. Now, you will most likely
encounter only OGG files that store audio data compressed with Vorbis
compression.

Since the file is already compressed the reason for your stuttering is that
the player is trying to uncompress while playing and appears not to be
powerful enough to do it smoothly.  I think what you should be doing is
uncompressing the file into its full uncompressed file size, then the video
player doesn't have to do the work any more. The actual uncompress work
would be done by ffmpeg which will probably take a long time. Changing the
scale might help, but trying to reconvert it to another format is just
going to make it bigger every time and probably still stutter.

Since I've never tried to uncompress a video file, I don't know what the
settings would be.  You have to do some googling to find that  ffmpeg
uncompress video