What do I need to know to run Linux as my desktop?

Snyder, Alexander J alexander at snyderfamily.co
Sun Apr 17 08:23:46 MST 2022

"Working knowledge of CUPS" is probably not required. Been using tons of
flavors over the decade and I still have no functional understanding of
what CUPS is, beyond what the acronym means.

For years, I've used HP printers and scanners, and if they haven't worked
out of the box, then HP has a Linux installation utility that has never
failed me.

Personally I do not prefer Debian/Ubuntu, but that's a Pepsi vs. Coke
argument ... if you're familiar with it, stick with it. Although you may
find other Ubuntu spins like Mint or Cinnamon more pleasing to the eye.
I've never used either, per the mention above, but I read reviews.

Thanks,
Alexander

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S22+