cyber war / moving back to Linux

Eric Oyen eric.oyen at icloud.com
Sat Apr 16 21:55:37 MST 2022

Anyone remember the old Cold War mentality: defense in depth?

That’s how I treat security here. The router has a firewall, the managed switch after it has dedicated subnets on each port with their own firewall rules. Each machine has it’s own firewall in place. I use all three major platforms here with OS X being my primary and Linux being a close second. Windows gets relegated to document scanning and OCR work (I have the kurzwieel 1000 software package on there, so I might as well use it). OS X handles all my multimedia requests and Linux pretty much takes everything else that can be offloaded and used by a blind geek such as I.

Now, all I need to do is setup a paywall and have my wi-fi secured as well (if anyone wants to use it, they have to pay me).

-Eric
From the Central Offices of the Technomage Guild, Defense implementation Dept.