PLUG Thursday: Jekyll static site generator and AsciiDoc FTW(eb)

der.hans PLUGd at LuftHans.com
Thu Apr 14 18:51:19 MST 2022

Am 14. Apr, 2022 schwätzte Steve Litt via PLUG-discuss so:

moin moin,

The room is open and I see you're back again :).

ciao,

der.hans

> Dohhhh, you guys are mountain time, aren't you. See you at 9pm Eastern
> time. :-)
>
> Steve Litt via PLUG-discuss said on Thu, 14 Apr 2022 19:45:32 -0400
>
>> Did the meeting end early? I came at 7:40pm and I was the only one
>> there.
>>
>> https://LuftHans.bigbluemeeting.com/b/plu-yuk-7xx
>>
>> SteveT
>>
>> der.hans via PLUG-discuss said on Thu, 14 Apr 2022 06:31:27 +0000 (UTC)
>>
>>> moin moin,
>>>
>>> Jekyll is a simple to use static site generator.
>>>
>>> For easy, low maintenance, low resource sites like a blog, a static
>>> site generator (SSG) avoids complexity. An SSG allows low effort
>>> content creation and easy deployment. SSG can be hosted by a simple
>>> web server. No need to setup programming languages or lots of modules.
>>>
>>> Jekyll allows page creation with AsciiDoc and Markdown. Contents and
>>> sites can be kept in revision control. Site deployment is an easy
>>> sync.
>>>
>>> https://jekyllrb.com/
>>>
>>> We'll be meeting in BigBlueButton starting at 19:00 Thursday night
>>>
>>> https://LuftHans.bigbluemeeting.com/b/plu-yuk-7xx
>>>
>>> https://gettogether.community/events/17677/east-valley-meeting/
>>>
>>> ciao,
>>>
>>> der.hans
>>> --
>>> #  https://www.LuftHans.com   https://www.PhxLinux.org
>>> #  "Arguing that you don't care about the right to privacy because you
>>> have #  nothing to hide is no different than saying you don't care
>>> about #  free speech because you have nothing to say." -- Edward
>>> Snowden ---------------------------------------------------
>>
>> SteveT
>>
>> Steve Litt
>> March 2022 featured book: Making Mental Models: Advanced Edition
>> http://www.troubleshooters.com/mmm
>
> SteveT
>
> Steve Litt
> March 2022 featured book: Making Mental Models: Advanced Edition
> http://www.troubleshooters.com/mmm

#  https://www.LuftHans.com   https://www.PhxLinux.org
#  "So the environment is not a luxury ... It is an economically important
#  insurance policy whose wisdom we ignore at our peril."
#  -- Klaus Toepfer, U.N. environment agency Executive Director