Home Office PHP Web Server : Reverse Lookup

techlists at phpcoderusa.com techlists at phpcoderusa.com
Wed May 26 06:22:09 MST 2021

PLUG-discuss at lists.phxlinux.org

Hi,

I'm running Cox business.  They allow me to run servers and do not block
ports.  They configured a reverse lookup years ago.  Since I will be
running my own DNS, I asked them to remove the reverse lookup.  Cox says
they do not have a reverse look up on my account.

I then ran dig -x {my-Cox-IP}

and it returned that there was a reverse look up on port 53, which I
have closed on my router and gives a private/non-routable IP of
192.168.1.1.  My understanding is that is the gateway address.

Any thoughts on how to resolve this is much appreciated.

Keith