Home Office PHP Web Server : BIND

techlists at phpcoderusa.com techlists at phpcoderusa.com
Fri May 21 17:40:54 MST 2021

Hi,

I want to configure a PHP Web server in my home office.  This will not
be for production... it is for learning.

I will be running BIND.  So I have a public IP on my router and I use
port forwarding to my local server that has a private, non-routable IP.
Correct?

My ISP manages the reverse lookup.

Here are some of my questions (I will have a few...)

1) When I configure BIND, will I use the public IP?

2) Do I need to create a reverse lookup or create something that point
to my ISP's reverse lookup?  Or do I add no reverse lookup at all?

3) Is it still important to put BIND in jail?

Thanks!!
Keith