ISPConfig

keith Miller kdmiller45 at gmail.com
Mon May 10 06:20:14 MST 2021

I too have a Cox business account and have been issued 5 static IP and
hosting about 8 website from home, using apache and NGINX and one Email
server (Zimbra) I have up and running a Discourse applications, Mastodon
instance and a OSSN both are decentralized social networks and also a
Peertube instance. I use pfsense as my firewall and Proxmox as a hosting
O/S for the VM all are free. I also use Webmin to setup the web services

Keith

On Sat, May 8, 2021 at 7:22 PM Keith Smith via PLUG-discuss <
plug-discuss at lists.phxlinux.org> wrote:

> I have a business account with Cox and they allow servers.  It will be
> public facing.  I would like to hear more about "it makes assumptions
> you may or may not be willing to accept.".
>
> Thank you for your feedback!!
>
> On 2021-05-07 21:19, Stephen Partington via PLUG-discuss wrote:
> > ISP config is really geared to running an external facing server and
> > become hosting. It's very good for that, but it makes assumptions you
> > may or may not be willing to accept.
> >
> > On Fri, May 7, 2021 at 6:31 PM Keith Smith via PLUG-discuss
> > <plug-discuss at lists.phxlinux.org> wrote:
> >
> >> Hi,
> >>
> >> I am considering configuring a "home web server" using ISPConfig.
> >> This
> >> is not a production situation.  It is for learning.
> >>
> >> Any thoughts?
> >>
> >> Thanks!!
> >> Keith
> >
> > --
> > A mouse trap, placed on top of your alarm clock, will prevent you from
> > rolling over and going back to sleep after you hit the snooze button.
> >
> > Stephen

Keith D. Miller