disable full screen apps in KDE

Matt Graham mhgraham at crow202.org
Thu Jun 10 13:16:10 MST 2021

On 2021-06-10 11:37, Brian Cluff via PLUG-discuss wrote:
> System Settings -> Window Managment -> Window Rules
>  Click on New
>  Set the Description to something like "No Full Screen" and leave
> everything else alone, it they should all be set to Unimportant.
>  Click on the "Size & Position" tab
>  Check the box next to "Fullscreen" then change the select box next
> to it to "Force"  and the bubble next to that should be set to "No"
>  Click OK and it will warn you with the verbage that means that it's
> going to match ALL windows which would normally not be good, but
> that's what you want.
>  Then click Apply on the main System Setting windows and enjoy your
> no full screen system.

The first time I tried this, it worked; pushing the "Full Screen"
button on gwenview put the full screen mode of gwenview into gwenview's
window and did not expand the window.  Then I removed the rule, and full
screen in gwenview worked again.  Then I thought "Wait, what about GTK+
applications?"  I put the rule back.  Gimp's full screen mode went to
full screen, which I sort of expected.  So did gwenview's, which I did
not.

And now every application is able to go full screen, regardless of the
rule's presence.  I'm a bit confused as to why it'd work the first time
and not the second time.

--
Crow202 Blog: http://crow202.org/wordpress
There is no Darkness in Eternity