a new Debian 10 install

greg zegan gjzegan at yahoo.com
Sat Jul 31 10:24:30 MST 2021

Hello,  The other day I installed a fresh copy of Debian 10 on my HP 840 laptop.  Previously I had Debian 9 on it and had a kernelpanic error which crashed the system.  I ran the fdsk command to try and restore it but as of today its still down.
I put in a new hard drive and ran through the install.  Now when I try and log in the screen is upside down.  I am not sure what happened.  Maybe the OS thinks this is a computer pad device or something.  Does anyone know how I can fix this?  I can log in as either root or myself.
please advise.thanks,Greg