boy am I glad I have a basic understanding of linux thanks to you guys.

Michael bmike1 at gmail.com
Sat Jul 3 11:16:32 MST 2021

Today I ran  the update manager to  get the new version of  darktable
and it failed w/o telling me why.Because of the knowledge I attained
from you over the years I was able to open a terminal and to run apt
and find out what was wrong. It urns out one of the packages had unmet
dependencies. Luckily the problem  was easily resolved by installing
the package (apt-utils) separately. I didn't have to waste anyones
time aside from the time it takes to read this message of gratitude.

--