Name Cheap Registrar

Steven stevensspam at cox.net
Wed Aug 4 22:01:43 MST 2021

I've used namecheap for domains and haven't had any issues with them to
date. However, for a VPS I've been happy with BuyVM.net (which is run by
the small Canadian company FranTech. One thing I like about BuyVM, they
don't over provision. If they don't have the servers to support an
option, then they don't display an active purchase link (that bad news
in that is they currently have almost nothing but add on storage
available). They offer a number of linux distributions as well as the
major BSDs. You can find the list of KVM based VPS sizes at
https://buyvm.net/kvm-dedicated-server-slices/ (they do have an
affiliate program, if you want to kick a little what you pay towards my
modest expenses you can use https://my.frantech.ca/aff.php?aff=2776 but
the first link that goes to the buyvm address is the plain no-affiliate
link, no hard sell here). I've got one of their the modern version of
their old famous 128MB minimal VPSs that in the current form is 512MB of
RAM, 1 cpu core, 10GB storage, and 1 IPv4 address for only $20 a year
(back in the day the old 128MB minimal VPS was $10 a year and I ran two
Gitolite servers, which even the old specs was overkill for). They've
currently got their VPS servers located in Las Vegas, New York, and
Roost in Luxembourg if you want your data to speak in an Old World accent.

If you look around the site they also offer VPS configs with more
storage as well as the option to add on additional storage to any of the
plans in one quarter terabyte increments. They've also got webhosting
and reseller webhosting plans but I've never used either of those so I
can't say much more about those than they exist.

And because they only offer VPSs for sale when they have proper
provisioning available someone set up a site that checks to see what VPS
plans are currently available in what locations https://buyvmstock.com/

Steven M