Thanks for your help when I ran out of room

Eric Oyen eric.oyen at icloud.com
Wed Apr 21 16:41:41 MST 2021

hmmmm.
Well, the Seagate 10 TB drive I have is 3 years old and still chugging. However, windows won’t see it and only OS X and Linux will even do anything with it. However, given recent experiences with other “brand name” drives, I am starting to think that perhaps having a number of USB flash drives set to write once and read many will probably be much more appropriate for long term storage. The nice thing about USB sticks is that they will work with virtually any OS or device that supports them and won’t require anything other than power supplied by the USB port.

-Eric
From the central offices of the Technomage Guild, Storage Solutions Dept.