Annoying KDE feature

Brian Cluff brian at snaptek.com
Mon Apr 19 07:24:47 MST 2021

That looks like the activities switcher.  You're probably pressing
Meta+Q.  It shouldn't be getting stuck on your screen though.  On my
system simply clicking anywhere inside the activities bar and then
clicking outside of it causes it to go away.  You should be able to
press Meta+Q again and that should get rid of too though.

Activities are great if you need them.   They allow you to have separate
layouts for different work flows.   I always make a presentation
activity on all my laptops so that I can have a clean layout with no
personal information showing as well as easy access to my presentations
via a custom folder view of my presentations folder.  I also add a
larger clock so that I can keep track of time.

Brian Cluff