Annoying KDE feature

Michael Butash michael at butash.net
Mon Apr 19 06:18:15 MST 2021

Hi all, curious if anyone's seen this before, or know how to get rid of
this plague.

Somehow I randomly trigger this KDE widget board "feature" on the entire
left side of my primary display, shows a "Default" desktop display, but no
idea what it is, or what it is supposed to do as it does nothing far as I
can tell.  I can't get rid of it, I can't identify it, and it stays on top
of most everything, effectively removing about 20% of my desktop when I
trigger it with some unknown hotkey accidentally.  I don't even know what
to call it to google "how to get rid of x".

It's super frustrating, this is like the 3rd time I've done it, and all I
can do is restart the desktop to be rid of it.

Whoever included this as a "feature" was smoking crack at the time.  See
below for a screen shot.

Thanks in advance for clues!

-mb

[image: image.png]