exim worm

der.hans PLUGd at LuftHans.com
Sat May 30 12:22:23 MST 2020

moin moin,

----
Russian crackers are exploiting bug that gives control of mail servers

https://arstechnica.com/information-technology/2020/05/russian-hackers-are-exploiting-bug-that-gives-control-of-us-servers/

"In an advisory published on Thursday, the NSA said that the Sandworm
group was actively exploiting a vulnerability in Exim, an open-source mail
transfer agent for Unix-based operating systems. Tracked as
CVE-2019-10149, the critical bug makes it possible for an unauthenticated
remote attacker to send specially crafted emails that execute commands
with root privileges."
----

https://infosec.exchange/@orbital/104258263191219749

ciao,

der.hans
--
#  https://www.LuftHans.com   https://www.PhxLinux.org
#  Whenever I hear anyone arguing for slavery, I feel a strong impulse to