text too small - almost forgot

Jim azanorak at gmail.com
Sun Jul 19 10:13:54 MST 2020

Good morning,

I've got a machine running Kubuntu 18.04 64 bit.  When I log out and log
in or press ctrl alt backspace; beginning at the login screen the text
is much smaller.  The first time this happened, I reset the text to make
everything the size I wanted.  When I rebooted the machine, the text was
too big, so I made it smaller. It wasn't doing this when I first
installed the OS on this dinosaur.  Any idea what happened, or more
importantly, how I fix it?

I went into system settings/fonts.  The sizes for the various fonts are
from top to bottom 12 14 14 14 14 12.  When I log in a second time
without rebooting, the text is much smaller as I described, but these
font size settings are the same.

thanks