end of year virtual party

der.hans PLUGd at LuftHans.com
Fri Dec 4 00:49:32 MST 2020

moin moin,

Next Thursday is the time for our annual family-friendly end of year
party. We will still be virtual only this month ( and through March I
expect ).

I would like to include families as we usually do. I will setup in the
family room rather than in my office as I have been.

We can use my Big Blue Button instance again. It does offer breakout
rooms if we need/want.

We might be able to use SeaGL's setup ( I should find out this weekend ),
which is a web portal that combines jitsi and IRC rooms. It worked rather
well for TeaGL and the other social events. Plus, those of us who want can
use a normal IRC client :).

Any other ideas?

As to the pot luck, one of the food delivery services needs to offer a
random food sampling delivery option :).

Perhaps we can order off the native language portion of the menu. Or we
can use random numbers to order from the menu.

----
( numItems=42; divisor=$(( 65535 / numItems )); echo $(( RANDOM / divisor
)) )
----

Yeah, has some bugs, but good enough :)

Currently it's looking good for me to hop across town to Boulders for the
meeting. There's likely to also be a bakery visit on that trip to try to
replace whatever Jill would have made.

Speaking of making things, perhaps we can share some recipes ahead of
time, so we can try out some different things.

ciao,

der.hans
--
#  https://www.LuftHans.com   https://www.PhxLinux.org
#  "If you want to build a ship, don’t drum up people to collect wood, and