How to scroll through and view documents ??

Joe Lowder joe at actionline.com
Mon Nov 18 17:10:27 MST 2019

Is there a way to scroll or scan through and view all
documents in a directory in a manner similar to the way
that I can scroll or scan through and view jpg images?

Long ago, I found a shell script (see below) named "v"
that allows me to do this from the command line.
I go into any directory (folder) and type: v *jpg <E>
to scan through all .jpgs in that directory.

Is there a way to do something similar to scroll or scan
through a directory and view the contents of documents
such as libre office .odt files?

Here's the "v" script:

# v open named image

cls;ls -ltr | tail -10;echo

if [ $# -gt 0 ]; then FILE=$1; else echo "Open what file? "
read file; FILE=$file; fi

nohup gwenview $FILE >/dev/null 2>&1 &

exit