Intel's Clear Linux ...

Matt Graham mhgraham at crow202.org
Wed May 15 09:56:06 MST 2019

On 2019-05-13 18:49, Joe Lowder wrote:
> Intel's Clear Linux ...
> http://www.forbes.com/sites/jasonevangelho/2019/05/13/its-time-to-pay-attention-to-intels-clear-linux-os-project/#7d80a96f5c49

If you want to run a GUI, it requires an Intel graphics card.  This
means most people won't be able to run it as their desktop, because
everyone who cares about graphics went for AMD or nVidia.  I also have
no idea whether it'd run properly on an AMD CPU, or whether KDE is
available.  My reaction to running GNOME is "Gnope!"  I may try their
live CD on the laptop at some point, but that laptop is not set up for
UEFI, so installing it will be impossible.

The long rows of benchmark results make me think, "There are five
species of mendacity, each worse than the last:  Lies, damned lies,
statistics, benchmarks, and vendor promises."

--
Crow202 Blog: http://crow202.org/wordpress
There is no Darkness in Eternity